Hey there, yes You!
What’s stopping you from making that change?
What’s stopping you from doing the things you want or from being the person you want to be?
Consider, what you think about is what you move towards. My question to you… what are you thinking about?
Realize, only you can decide and take the necessary action in order to change things in your life. It’s all about your mindset. Your decision! Your choice to Do or Not to Do! It doesn’t matter what you’ve been through, you can start right now to change your story. To change your life! What are you waiting for?
Let us introduce you to Jill Rogers; she is a survivor who refused to stay a victim. She shifted her mindset to change her story in order to change her life.
≈≈≈≈ Jill Rogers ≈≈≈≈
3WV: Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am a wife, mother, grandmother to 8, an Author, Restoring the Foundations Minister (Integrated Approach Healing Ministry), I have been a victim of rape and have walked through 3 divorces. I have tried to take the different things that I’ve walked through in life and use the things that I have learned to help others instead of staying in a victim mindset.
3WV: Why is your mindset so important?
- Your mindset and what you choose to believe is exactly what you can make happen in your life.
3WV: How important is it to shift your mindset in order to get positive results in your life?
- It means absolutely everything. After I got raped, I realized that I was learning many things as I walked through the whole procedure. I realized that it was like going through a college course, a course of empathy for others that had walked through it, too; and an overcoming strength that no one could understand unless they had walked through it.
3WV: How are your actions related to your mindset?
- Your actions are very important because they actually birth what you believe. I believed that my life was spared in this event for a special purpose. Everything that came along after that was part of the purpose. I was determined to fulfill that purpose. I couldn’t give up on it. I had actually promised God in the very beginning that if I lived, I would help others!
3WV: How does your surroundings impact the way you think and the way you change?
- If we continually subject ourselves to negative and abusive people, it is very hard to rise above it. We have to make a choice to stay away from toxic people. If we are around positive people who speak life and love into us without manipulation, it helps us to thrive, grow and change; just like watering a flower, we come to life.
3WV: Is there such thing as a spiritual mindset to a spiritual change?
- Yes letting God have your problems, cares, and your past in His care and turning it all over to Him. The signs that you have done that are: more peace, more joy, more freedom, better relationships, and more love.
3WV: In your opinion, what are some ways to change your mindset?
- Meditate on positive things
- Go for counseling
- Attend a church
- Read God’s word
- Attend a support group
- Obtain new information
- Forgive. I could not have ever helped anyone if I had not forgiven the person that raped me. Forgiveness is the most important change that someone can make, and definitely the hardest to do. I try to walk in forgiveness with everyone at all times.
- Another thing I had to do, was to be open to receive any help that I needed, and for healing. We all can use people speaking into our lives.
- Having the proper boundaries in place in our lives helps us to have peace, which helps to align things the proper way.
3WV: What are some consequences for not changing your mindset?
- Staying stuck right where you are
- Having no changes or results
- Not producing good fruit and growth in your life
3WV: Realizing that change starts in the mind, what advice would you give to anyone who may want to change their mindset in order to change their life, but is struggling with the fear of change or don’t know the first step in the process to change?
- In order to change, we have to be willing to get out of our comfort zone and reach out for help. If it be a support group or a call to a counselor, there is much help available to anyone that needs it. Celebrate Recovery is a good resource available also.
- It is impossible to change without being willing to step out of your comfort zone. Trust me, it will be well worth it.
- I also know there are a few of you who may have felt misunderstood or lost within the church, for whatever reason, and I am very sensitive to that. I’d like to welcome anyone with any beliefs to read my books, and to learn new things. In addition, you can reach out to me.
My contact information is: